Due to traffic and long waiting time during rush hours, Nins and I sometimes took our dinners before going home. One of our recent discoveries around Greenbelt 5 is the quaint branch of Mad Marks Creamery and Good Eats.
From a recommendation of our office mate, we decided to try Mad Marks. Since we arrived early at the restaurant, we were able to choose our place. The restaurant crew greeted us and let us choose where we want to be seated. Nins and I ordered placed our order: Medium Rare Steak with Sidings, Yummy Fried Chicken with Bacon and Rice, and one tall pitcher of Homemade Iced Tea. The crew were friendly and good enough to answer our inquiries on their best sellers and good siding for pairing with the steak.
The waiting time for our food is around 10 to 15 minutes. While waiting, I was checking out the area. The restaurant has an industrial and rustic vibe. The place can be crowded on peak hours and there are instances that customers are lining up outside to wait for a place. Nins and I were lucky that we didn’t have a hard time scoring a seat upon arriving at the restaurant.
After a few minutes, our orders arrived and sampled their food:
- Fried chicken: Properly cooked and tender inside.
- Bacon rice: Paired perfectly with fried chicken
- Steak: Steak serving is good and affordable for its price. I ordered medium rare steak and I love the juiciness of the meat and their creamy mushroom gravy.
- Mashed Potato: perfect pair for the steak and their mashed potato is creamy
- Potato Salad: another nice pair for the steak. The taste of the dressing is sweet and with tinge of sourness. Just like how I liked my potato salad is cooked
- Homemade Iced Tea: brewed and delicious too! Not too sweet (which I like)
Overall, I would really recommend trying this restaurant and we would definitely comeback. The price range of their meals is around 200 pesos and above. Their steak are a bit affordable compared to other steak houses which the startup prices would be around 500 pesos above and will depend on per gram / pound order.
Looking forward on sampling their other dishes and desserts!
Mad Marks is located in 2nd floor in Glorietta 5. Their original branch is located in Kapitolyo and is well known around the area. Prices are affordable and quality of food is good. Service Crews are nice and food arrival would depend on the number of their guests at their restaurant. Another tip is go to the place early than the usual peak hours to avail seats immediately.